Jazz Band Ready to Display their Chops and Hip Sounds

Allyna Tayag
Ameer Sbeih
Garrett Kmiec,
Ronald Cook,
Orlando Guerrero,
and, Ryan Duhaylongsod

Are you ready to hear great music and get your feet moving? If yes, then get ready for a night of jazz. Saturday, March 16th, the Band Boosters are hosting the annual WRHS Jazz Band Dinner Dance. For the past decade, the Band Boosters have offered this event to the Weston Ranch community. In addition to a delicious dinner, live music will be provided by Weston Ranch’s very own Jazz Band.

This dinner will take place at the Italian Athletic Club, located at 3541 Cherryland Avenue in Stockton. Tickets are on sale now and cost $40. During this event, the nineteen-member Jazz Band, directed by our music teacher, Mr. Barron, will provide music to dine by. Dinner starts at 7 pm, and from 8pm-11pm, the fun ensues with dancing and socializing for the rest of the night. The Band Boosters will offer free group dancing lessons, so everyone can join in on the fun.

The band consists of multiple types of sax, trumpets, trombones, flute, piano, guitar, bass and drums. The Jazz band is practicing long hours for their big performance, which we are sure to be a spectacular display of their talents.

“March 16th will be a great opportunity and fun for everyone,” said Jazz band member and drummer Ameer Sbeih.

Again, tickets are on sale now, and anyone who wishes to have more information may contact Mr. Barron at [email protected].