Weston Ranch Students Impressive at Art Show

MUSD hosted its annual District Art Show on April 25 at the Manteca Unified District Office. Art students from all five MUSD high schools submitted pieces ranging from drawing, ceramics, and photography, hoping to secure their places in history with the coveted “Best of” categories. Weston Ranch High School walked away with five “Best of” winners and will send an additional 31 submissions to the San Joaquin County Art Show on May 9.

“Our students did absolutely amazing,” said CTE Graphic Design and Photography teacher Pat Windschitl. “I couldn’t be prouder of the work my students have been creating.”

Students in Mr. Windschitl’s photography classes swept the “Best of” categories for Intro, Advanced, and AP Digital Photo and Intro and Advanced Video. Winners included Angel Esparza for Intro to Digital Photo, Zhaaylia Goodman for Advanced Digital Photo, Joel Javillonar for AP Digital Photo, Jocelyn Magana Rodriguez for Video, and Alexis Ayala Arroyo for Advanced Video.

“This is my third-year teaching Digital Arts at Weston Ranch High School, and it’s been an amazing experience watching this group of young artists develop their skills and passion for the subject matter,” Windschitl added.

Weston Ranch students collected 65 ribbons (1st, 2nd, or 3rd places) for the entire competition, with 26 being 1st. In addition, all winners received cash awards to go along with their ribbons.

Windschitl added, “I’ve tried my best to give each student a breadth of art experience here on campus and expanded the Photography program to include Graphic Design and Video Production. And each has done fantastic with it. I can’t wait to see how our current group of freshmen work to carry on their success in the future.”

To see some of the winners, follow this link:

District Art Show 2022 (adobe.com)