Boys Tennis Says Goodbye to Seniors

The Weston Ranch boys tennis team wrapped up their season Tuesday at Stagg. The Cougars had an impressive run in their first year of SJAA play, finishing 9-6 overall and 9-5 in the league.

Before Tuesday’s finale, Weston Ranch celebrated its Seniors before the match again McNair. The Cougars beat the Eagles 8-1, and all Seniors walked off the court with victories.

Tennis at Weston Ranch High School exemplifies the true nature of playing high school sports: having fun. While wins and losses measure a team’s success, competing is the most significant victory. Our boys’ tennis team played for the joy of competition. The seniors at Weston Ranch said goodbye on April 18 and helped establish a foundation of winning. Indeed, they inspired themselves, their teammates, their coach, and the campus.

Here’s a glimpse of the boys’ tennis seniors…

Victor Perez: Joined tennis his first year. He was a member of the WR wrestling team—plans to enlist in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Manvir Singh: He played tennis after former teammate Karanveer Hothi suggested he go out for the team. Active in Sikh martial arts. Singh plans to attend Delta College for two years and then transfer to San Jose State.

Junior Alejo: A friend invited him to play tennis. He also was a member of the WR E-Sports team. Junior plans to go to college but is still determining where that will be.

Frankie Ambriz: He joined tennis because it looked like a cool sport. He also plays chess at WR. He plans to join the U.S. Navy.

John Legaspi: He was taught how to play tennis by his brother Christopher who also played tennis for WR. He played boys’ varsity volleyball last year and plans to attend college upon graduation.

The Prowl wishes the seniors all the best and thanks them for their hard work and dedication.

Photos courtesy of Coach Cerezo

Victor Perez sends a serve to his opponent
Junior Allejo starts the point
Manvir Singh with the serve
John Legaspi ready to serve
Ms. Barahona and Victor Perez
Frankie Ambriz returns a winner