BOYS VOLLEYBALL: Cougars take on Jaguars Tonight at Weston Ranch

The Weston Ranch High School boys volleyball team plays Kimball High School tonight at Weston Ranch. The Cougars will face the Jaguars in their final home game of the season.

Weston Ranch (11-12, 4-4) will look to rebound after losing to Sierra 3-0 last Thursday. The Cougars earned a 3-1 victory over the Jaguars on April 7 and hope that win will give them confidence heading into tonight’s second go with Kimball.

“Tonight’s game is winnable,” said Junior Amari Dacus. “We have been inconsistent, but we can beat Kimball as long as we play like we’re supposed to.”

The Cougars will look to several players to help with the consistency.

Sophomore Eleazar Nava leads the Cougars and is second in the VOL in assists with 328, while Senior Sammy Seng is third in the VOL with 116. Sophomore Abraham Palacios is second in the VOL in kills with 153 and leads the VOL in service aces with 43. Senior Marcos Arriaza is currently second in the VOL in blocks. Rounding out the stats is sophomore Tommy Duong, who has 103 digs and ranks fifth overall in the VOL.

Dacus, a member of Weston Ranch’s VOL Champion basketball team and a first-year volleyball player, added, “It’s been fun playing this year. It’s a little easier than basketball, but you need a lot of focus on the volleyball court. It’s been a good learning experience.”

The JV will play at 5 pm, and the Varsity follows at 6 pm.