Cougar Baseball Ready to Take the Field

After a year-long break without baseball, the Weston Ranch High School Baseball Team is finally going to begin playing. The team held tryouts and began practicing on March 8th in preparation for the upcoming season. Tuesday’s game against Escalon will be held at WRHS and mark the baseball team’s first time on the diamond in over a year.

Every year, the baseball team fundraises at an extraordinary level, and this year was no exception. Along with everything else the program works extremely hard for, every player from the team received a visitor’s jersey kit, a home jersey kit, practice jerseys, and two baseball caps. They also received socks, belts, and team masks. Head Coach David Hager also accepts orders for a personalized baseball jacket that can include your name for just $50.

The Cougars plan to play 18 baseball games in all. They will play nine away games and nine home games. As it stands now, spectators may not be allowed to watch the action. However, we hope to see everyone cheering on Cougar baseball as they will be playing for the first time in over a year. Like many things, there is always light at the end of the dark tunnel, and Cougar baseball finally gets to go into the light.