Titus Haley honored for academic excellence

Senior Titus Haley was recently rewarded and honored for his academic excellence by the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Haley was among several California high school seniors invited to spend the day on the campus. Those invited were treated to lunch, tours of the university, and a fantastic overall day of celebration.

At a special reception hosted by UCLA Strategic Partnerships & Community Engagement in conjunction with the community-based organization the Council of African American Parents, Haley, along with his family, visited with UCLA staff, faculty, students, and alumni. He received the invitation because UCLA recognized his academic excellence and a high potential for success. While at the UCLA Luskin Conference Center, Haley learned he has the potential for admittance to UCLA should he choose to apply for admission.

Many on campus may know Titus as one of our bright stars on the basketball court. He has been a member of coach Teevan’s varsity program since his freshman year.  After last year’s Section Championship, where he helped guide the Cougars to the Division III title, Haley received the Outstanding Sportsmanship Award, was named CBS 13 Athlete of the Month for March, and collected several league awards for the VOL.

Haley is also outstanding in the classroom, as well. After his junior year, Haley finished with a GPA of 4.06. Not only is he noticed on the court, but he is also getting seen for his work in the classroom, as UCLA demonstrated by extending the invitation to visit.

“It was a great opportunity for my family and me to visit a great university,” Haley said. “I was very honored.”

Congratulations to Titus for his latest accomplishment. Weston Ranch High School is filled with great students and young people, and Titus Haley is a shining example.