Julianna Lassiter to Receive All-City Honors

Coach Wayman and Julianna Lassiter

Congratulations to Julianna Lassiter for making the 2018-19 All-City Softball Team as announced by SportsStars Magazine and the Sacramento River Cats. Lassiter will join other members of the team this Sunday at the River Cats game. The award goes to players recognized for their outstanding performance on the softball diamond.

To say she was shocked was an understatement. To say she was surprised and thrilled more closely matched Lassiter and how she is as a person.

“I loved softball this year,” Lassiter said with excitement. “If we can continue to try our best out there, keep striving, we can do great things next year.”

Head softball coach Mr. Wayman has watched Julianna’s progress as a player and leader for the past two seasons and is very impressed with her drive to improve both as a teammate and as a team leader.

“Julianna is the exceptional athlete and person that any coach would be excited to coach, and I am the coach that has that privilege. Julianna has always performed at an exceptional level, which is recognized by her teammates, her coaches in the other sports she plays, and the opposition coaches. This has been a breakout year for her in softball. She is now getting the recognition for her hard work and efforts. I am excited to see what is in store for her in the future.” Wayman beamed.

Although she is only a Junior, her plans after high school are to attend a Junior College for two years and then transfer to a 4-year college.

When asked what will be her motto for next year, she said, “keep grinding,” and she smiled.

Lassiter is very positive and displays a very enthusiastic attitude. In addition to being an outstanding softball player, Lassiter plays basketball and volleyball for the Cougars. Although she loves all three sports, Julianna plans to keep her focus in softball.