Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New Beginnings for Football Seniors

Akira Faith Thornsavanh
DJ poses with his family for Senior Night

On Friday, October 20, our Cougar football team recognized and celebrated their graduating players in the class of ‘24. Our seniors worked hard throughout their high school careers and have experienced both the highs and the lows.  We not only recognize them for their athletic achievements but for their commitment and perseverance during these past 4 years.  

It was a heartwarming moment for the players, their families, the team, and all who have been there with them along the way. When asked about his seniors, Coach Wayman stated, “It’s a bittersweet moment. Most of these seniors I’ve coached for all 4 years of their high school career. I’ve come not only to admire them and respect them for being the athletes that they are, but I have come to care very deeply not only for the success they’ve had this year and the years past but also, I’m very invested in wanting them to succeed after high school. As their coach, I’m very proud of each one of them, and for those that were with me from their freshman year on, many of them I consider my family.” 

It was especially a rollercoaster of emotions for the individuals themselves since only they fully understood what it took for them to get to where they are now. It is also important to see past the surface and recognize them for who they are as people. They all made positive impacts on the people around them and grew as individuals along the way. Each and every one of them should be proud of how far they’ve come and continue to elevate and strive for greatness. The list of seniors includes Jose Aguilar, Jeremiah Brown, Marty Cook, Isaiah Davis, Omar Diaz, Kenneth Hurst, Daviody Jones, Xavier Jones, David Nnamdi, Joseph Richardson, Juju Sasser, Eliah Taylor, Alex Walker, Issac Zabala, De’andre Lavan, De’antae Lavan. 

Cougars square off against Franklin High Yellow Jackets

Along with this, it was also the Cougars’ final home game of the ‘23- ‘24 season. They matched up against Franklin High, and secured a win over the Yellowjackets, with a final score of 41-8.  

It was a high-energy game, with Weston Ranch dominating both ends of the field.  Weston Ranch outscored Franklin 6 touchdowns to 1, with Juju Sasser (Sr.) scoring 3, Jose Aguilar (Sr.) scoring 2, and Dereon Moore (So.) scoring 1. Juju Sasser stated in a post-game interview, “I felt great, haven’t won like that all season.”  

It was definitely a memorable night, and a positive sendoff for the seniors, with this marking their last high school home game. The team plans to carry that same attitude and effort into their upcoming game against Linden High.