Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Cougars Against the Clock

%2351%3A+Alex+Walker%2C+%235%3A+Robert+Richard%2C+%238%3A+Fernando+Vargas%2C+%237%3A+Jordan+Paris%2C+%2375%3A+Jeremy+Nevarez+Vargas%2C+%2310%3A+Isaac+Zabala%2C+%2315%3A+Davion+Johnson%2C+%2337%3A+David+Nnamdi%2C+%230%3A+Jose+Aguilar+
Haven Trinity Urbina-Theirry
#51: Alex Walker, #5: Robert Richard, #8: Fernando Vargas, #7: Jordan Paris, #75: Jeremy Nevarez Vargas, #10: Isaac Zabala, #15: Davion Johnson, #37: David Nnamdi, #0: Jose Aguilar

Our Cougar football team matched up against Burbank High this past Friday, August 25th. It was a battle between the two teams, making every play count. The tension on the field was felt all throughout the stadium as the clock ran down. 

Burbank led 6-2 at halftime with Javontae Butler (RB/WR/FS) bringing in a 64-yard fumble return touchdown at the end of the 2nd quarter. Weston Ranch responded in the 3rd quarter, with Alex Walker’s (LT/DT) tackle, leading to Joseph Richardson (OT/DT) scoring off a fumble recovery. Jose Aguilar (QB/FS) of Weston Ranch was also able to score a touchdown in the 3rd but was called back for a flag on the play.  

Aside from this, Weston Ranch’s offense was not the only focus point. The defense undeniably played their part, with Jordan Paris (CB/WR) and Alex Walker (LT/DT) leading the team in tackles.  

Weston Ranch fought hard, but unfortunately fell short at the end, with a final score of 14-8. The frustration from the loss will only be used as fuel for the Cougars in the battle of 1-5, on September 2, against Lathrop High.

The event was also aired on KCRA3 News as the game of the week. While on air, Robert Richard (WR/CB) of Weston Ranch, was acknowledged for catch of the week. Richard brought up the energy for the Cougars in the 1st quarter, with a 40-yard reception from Juju Sasser (QB).