eSports Gets Two Wins in Opening Games

The Weston Ranch eSports team began its season this week. The California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) has selected the North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF) as an official eSports provider. As a result, the Cougars eSports team will take on high schools from all over the state of California.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate and League of Legends are the two games the Cougars are currently playing. As of today, the Weston Ranch Super Smash Bros Ultimate team beat Cathedral High School’s Phantoms from Los Angeles, 2-1, for their first eSport win of the year. The League of Legends team beat Yreka High School of Yreka 1-0. 

“The League of Legends team ran away with the game from the start,” said coach Rebecca Hunter. “It came down to the wire in SSBU with each team competing through their last competitor in game 3 to pull out the WIN; our final competitor having just one life remaining.” 

During the Super Smash Bros Ultimate tournament’s 5v5 crew battle, the Most Valuable Player of the game was Diego Rodriguez, taking three players from the other team’s side out, leaving them with two players and Weston Ranch with four. Honorable mention went to Ulises Rodriguez, who stayed in the contest until the end of the tournament with only one life remaining. 

Every League of Legends player played exceptionally well and helped secure the victory. After all, it’s a team game where everyone has to play just as well if they want to win.  

If you want to watch our Cougars destroy the competition and watch replays, please watch us on our twitch at: https://www.twitch.tv/wrhscougars

Yesterday’s LOL match is up, and the SSBU match will be streamed later today. You can also follow us on Twitter @WRHEsports and Instagram @esportsranch.