Senior Jesus Gonzales to Play Football at Clarke University

Senior Jesus Gonzales signs his letter surrounded by his family and friends

Senior Jesus Gonzales is moving on. Last night, Gonzales signed a letter of intent to continue his education and football career at Clarke University of Dubuque, Iowa. Without a doubt, this is an exciting time for Jesus, and Weston Ranch will celebrate his achievements and accomplishments as a student-athlete.

“I’m excited to keep playing football,” Gonzales said. “I’m also excited to continue my education at Clarke, where I will study business marketing.”

Gonzales spent his first two years at Weston Ranch, transferred to Calaveras High School for his junior year, and returned to WRHS for his final year of school and football. The move back helped him earn All-VOL Honorable Mention for 2021 and gave him the confidence to continue his football dreams upon graduation.

“I always wanted to play football,” Gonzales said. “I had great experiences and great coaches here at Weston Ranch. I’ve cherished every moment of being a member of this program.”

Besides his coaches, Gonzales has had great mentors in his immediate family. The support they offered kept pushing him to be the best he could be.

“My mom and grandma kept me in line,” Gonzales said. “Without them, I wouldn’t be the person I am today and the person I will be at Clarke.”

One of his best memories came during his freshman year. It was during the first couple of weeks that Jesus knew that football was hard work, and it took dedication and toughness, two attributes Gonzales exudes with confidence.

“I started on the JV team as a freshman,” Jesus said. “I always went up against the older and bigger guys. Of course, they knocked me around a bit, but that experience showed me what I needed to do to get better.”

The Prowl congratulates and thanks Jesus for sharing his time with us, and we wish him the best of luck. We will look forward to following his career over the next four years.

Jesus Gonzales