Lakers Grab Game One and Gain Edge Over Heat

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles Lakers took game 1 of the 2020 NBA Finals in an incredible manner. The Lakers defeated the Miami Heat by a score of 116-98 (NBA.Com). After erasing a 13-point deficit in the first quarter, the Lakers made the rest of the game look too easy.

The first quarter was close, but right when the second began, the Lakers ran away with the win with the help of Anthony Davis and LeBron James. Davis led L.A. with 34 points, nine rebounds, and five assists (NBA.Com), and now has the third-highest Lakers finals debut points. James chipped in 25 points, 13 rebounds, and nine assists.

Not only did Miami suffer a tough Game 1 loss, they also lost two players to injury, center Bam Adebayo and Point Guard Goran Dragic. It is unknown if they will be active for game 2. Jimmy Butler was the only starter to show up for Miami today, putting up a respectable 23 points, two rebounds, and five assists (NBA.Com). It seemed that every player on the Heat had a bad game, and it will take a considerable effort to bounce back in Game 2. Miami’s only surprising thing got out of game 1 was a decent performance by rookie Guard Kendrick Nunn. Nunn finished with 18 points.

The Heat will try to tie up the series tonight at 6 PM. The Lakers lead the series, 1-0.