Weston Ranch Celebrates September Students of the Month

September Students of the Month

Weston Ranch High School selected its Students of the Month for September. The student of the month is a valuable part of the Cougars Rising program. Students are rewarded for displaying the current Word of the Month qualities. Teachers in English, Science, AP, Life Skills, Math, Foreign Language, Physical Education, Social Science(History), VAPA(Theatre), Agriculture, and the English Language Development Departments nominate those students who represent the current Word of the Month. September’s Word of the Month is COMMUNITY, and The Prowl congratulates the following students who received recognition.

Here are the winners for September.

Chimamanda is an excellent student in the classroom and is a role model for her peers out of the classroom with her kindness and continual compassion for others. (picture unavailable)

Alex is in the Advanced Choir, where Mr. Albala constantly relies on Alex’s excellent leadership and critical thinking skills to help the group run smoothly. On top of that, Alex is also the first to volunteer for the odds and ends jobs- like setting up the sound equipment for Football games, for example. He is always putting the needs of our Choir community first and is always willing to help however he can—a true team player. (picture unavailable)

David Rodriguez

The amount of growth David has shown over the last few weeks is incredible! He wanted to get out of my class since the first day of school. He thought his level of Spanish was too low and not good enough for a Spanish Speakers class. Indeed, it has been an enormous challenge for him, but I am proud of him for showing up each day and giving 110%. As a result, he has formed great relationships with his peers and participates in our classroom community. I look forward to seeing more of his academic growth.

Giesel Mae Aquino

Giesel Mae Aquino is selected as the September JROTC Cadet of the Month. Giesel is an intelligent and proactive student who has contributed immensely to the JROTC program. She is the battalion S4 specializing in the Corps of Cadets’ supply, uniform issue, and logistics functions. Furthermore, Giesel has challenged herself to succeed in high school with difficult AP courses and commands an overall weighted GPA of 3.6. Congratulations and HOOAH, Giesel Mae!

Sadao SJ Rechuld

SJ is an excellent example of a student that brings the classroom community together because his calm and down-to-earth demeanor makes everyone in the classroom feel welcomed. He always treats his classmates and teachers with the utmost respect. One of the best qualities about SJ is that he is very goal-oriented and willing to work hard to achieve his goals. Sadao SJ Rechuld has a bright future ahead of him, and I do not doubt that he will be very successful throughout his lifetime.