Russia Invades Ukraine

On Thursday, February 24th, 2022, Russia invaded Ukraine. Russian President Vladimir Putin attempted to annex (have them join together or add) Ukraine. The invasion marked the second time there has been a conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

Before February 23rd, Putin put troops around the Ukrainian border to look strong and put force on Ukraine. Since then, the conflict between Ukraine and Russia has escalated. People in Ukraine have been evacuating where the Russian troops are deployed. It was reported that Russia launched a missile that hit a building on the 22nd and 23rd floors, and that missile killed two people living in the building. Russia invaded the Kyiv region on February 28th, 2022. Russia’s attacks on Ukraine have been getting more persistent.

Then on February 27th, 352 Ukrainian civilians died, 16 were children, and 4,500 Russian troops died on February 28th, which is crazy to think about when the war started four days ago. Many Ukrainian and Russian citizens believe the war was “miscalculated” and have families they want to keep safe.

What are your thoughts on the Russia-Ukrainian war?

sources:

Sources: 

Ukraine’s president declared martial law after Russia’s attack. But what is it? (msn.com) 

Russia-Ukraine war death toll: How many people have died during the invasion? (the-sun.com) 

Russia-Ukraine War: What to know on Day 7 of Russian assault | National News | tulsaworld.com