High Schools Need to Bring Back Driver’s Ed

When drivers take to the road, they assume the risks. One risk is the untimely possibility of lethal accidents. A large percentage of fatal vehicle crashes involve young adults and inexperienced drivers, primarily teens. So what is the solution to help reduce these cases? The answer is high school driver’s education.

Teens learning to drive correctly is essential because it is not enough to pass a test and obtain a driver’s license. Students usually learn better in a group, so driver high school education courses provide opportunities that allow students to observe and learn with individuals their age. It adds some fun to their educational instruction. And, expanding the driver’s education class can also teach students the basics of mechanical things with the cars they drive because some students, and some licensed drivers, don’t know things about that after getting their license and vehicle.

Drivers’ education courses could teach teens basics like how to change a tire, check/change their oil, and where essential car parts are located on the vehicle. This knowledge can help them in emergencies. These skills can also help save money on car costs/repairs.

Schools need more hands-on classes. Not everything students learn should be college-centered. For example, teens can gain wisdom from taking a high school driver’s education class. To help cut down on mistakes from inexperience, students’ would benefit from a curriculum-based course like driver’s ed and safety.

But, until then, parents and adults should talk with new drivers and students about safe driving.