Senior Macio Molano Sworn in as Student Board Rep

Senior Macio Molano knew he wanted to be part of the changes happening at Weston Ranch High School. He knew he wanted to be the voice of his high school. He knew that high school is a meandering road filled with obstacles, and he wanted to be the leader.

On August 10th, Molano was sworn in as the Weston Ranch High School student board representative. It’s a fantastic accomplishment for someone who thought high school was a scary place when he started as a freshman.

“When I first came to WRHS in the middle of my freshman year, things were not easy,” Molano told The Prowl. “But, since I am an enthusiastic person, I decided to get involved on campus.”

And involved is an understatement. In addition to his recent appointment to the Student Board, Molano spends time as the ASB Treasurer and is an active member of FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America), MECha, and Pride clubs. In addition, Molano has strong interests in fashion design, culinary arts, technology, and the medical field outside of school.

Molano’s responsibilities to the Board are to report on school activities, community happenings and to look for ways to improve Weston Ranch. It’s a big commitment, but one Molano takes on with great enthusiasm.

“The more involved I got on our campus, the more I wanted to represent this school,” Molano said. “My goal is to help others see the benefits of getting active on our campus and inspire others to follow my lead.”

At his first meeting, Molano was a bit nervous. After all, being sworn in to serve MUSD and represent your school is no small challenge. However, it is Molano’s optimism and spirit that captured The Prowl’s attention.

Molano said, “The first meeting was nerve-wracking. But, as I observed the proceedings, I got comfortable and realized this would be really enjoyable and rewarding. I’m looking forward to helping out the Board and my fellow student representatives wherever I can.”

High school can be many different things to many other people. For Molano, high school is where to find your voice, share your passions, and grow.

“You only get one high school experience, and I try to make the best of it,” Molano concluded. “It’s nice to get out of my comfort zone to explore new opportunities. It doesn’t matter who you are. you can achieve anything you want with the right mindset.”

Fortunately for the campus of Weston Ranch, Macio Molano got involved. As a result, the campus is in good hands. However, he left with this final thought:

“I am excited and honored to be a part of this year’s student board and cannot wait to see what this year has to offer.”

Photos courtesy of MUSD and Mr. Basepayne