Weston Ranch Announces Sumreet Sandhu as Class of 2021’s Valedictorian

Sumreet Sandhu was named Weston Ranch High School’s Valedictorian. The class Valedictorian is the student who has the highest rank in a graduating class. Sandhu earned this distinction by posting a 4.35 GPA over her four years on the Weston Ranch campus. If ever there was a student destined for this honor, it was Sandhu. Over the past four years, we learned how dedicated, driven, friendly, and compassionate she is. She excelled in the classroom, dedicated her time to serve others, and played sports—all qualities of a great leader and compassionate person.  

In four years, Sandhu put these items on her resume: 

• 9th: Key club (member of the month), HOSA (1st place Health Career Display (HCD) at WR, 3rd place HCD at area leadership conference) 
    • 10th: Key Club (vice president, officer of the month), HOSA (fundraising chair, HCD first place at school and area leadership conference), golf, CSF member, volunteered at the local public library 
    • 11th: Key Club (vice president), HOSA (co-secretary, 1st place in Extemporaneous Writing and HOSA Bowl at school), CSF (officer shadow), Robotics (vice president), golf
    • 12th: Key Club (president), HOSA (president), CSF (co-president).

In addition to the demands of school, sports, and volunteer work, Sandhu’s outgoing personality never faltered. She was always ready to make someone smile, laugh, and simply feel better when she entered the room.

“It has been a pleasure having you as a student these past four years,” Sandhu’s counselor Daisy Carmona said. “As a counselor, one of my favorite things is to watch my students flourish throughout the years and then go off to pursue their post-high school plans. I want to thank you for always making me laugh. Every single time you came into my office, we would laugh about something. Even through this difficult school year, the laughs continued.”

Sandhu was accepted at Dartmouth College, one of the oldest universities in the U.S. and an Ivy LeagueSchool. Currently, she is undecided in a field of study. However, there is no doubt she will choose a course of study to match her love of learning and commitment to serve. She’s incredibly grateful to WRHS for providing her with the resources to get into the Ivy League school.   

Congratulations again to Sumreet Sandhu. We treasured your time here and are so proud of you. Long live the Class of 2021!