Be Careful As You Place Blame

When we accuse someone of a wrong, one reason we convince ourselves is that they are evil. Yet being evil means not only transgressing ideals knowingly but doing so frequently and without regard for others. It is a fixed condition and unchangeable quality to be wrong. Few can be described as being so wicked. We have to explain it in a manner because we have been accused by others, justifying that we are charged by ourselves.

While some will embrace equal blame and others believe it is unjust, a third alternative is to think that we are punished since we are evil. We believe that we are still harmful, and therefore, every issue in the future is just that we are flawed, and therefore we are naturally responsible for it.

In turns, this takes the logic of responsibility and advances it to the premise that whoever is liable is evil and deserves drastic punishment. What persons of honesty do is take responsibility where it is reasonably due or help others who may be vulnerable. Yet oddly, perhaps, when it is irrational to do so, all of us assume responsibility or take it upon ourselves. Due to profound personal motives that can go back to childhood or be ingrained through us, irrational self-blame can be due.