Let’s Learn From 2020 and Never Have it Visit Again

December 2020, we’ve entered the final month of what has been a terrible year. This year has had many ups and downs, but where there is good, there is bad. Life has its ups and downs. For me, 2020 has been nothing short of a disappointment, but I’m very thankful for it.

I’ve learned a lot about myself this year. I’ve learned to live for the present. I’ve learned how to be, well, me. I am my own person, and I carry my own vibe now. If you like it, you are most welcome. If you don’t like it, the doors are always open. I am human. I have made peace that I will make mistakes, but these mistakes don’t define the person I am right now.

If my past is what defines my future, then how can I live in the present? There is nothing wrong with thinking about the past or making plans for the future, but our mind leaves the present amid all the thinking. Don’t let the past blackmail your present to ruin a beautiful future. As much as we want to hate 2020, we cannot. This year has given us a lot to remember. So how can we forget something that gave us so much to remember?

Let’s end this year on a positive note. Let’s give back to this world. Let’s set goals for a new year. Let’s not lose this chance of making a change. We all understand that 2021 will not take away our problems, but it will be a new start. So, start the right way. Learn from your mistakes because, unlike school, life gives you a test to teach a lesson. Understand that everything happens for a reason. Understand that during these difficult times, everyone is facing tough time related to a career and financial issues that can affect mental health and many relationships. We’ve all been impacted differently: some lost their loved ones, some suffered significant financial losses and some lost relationships. People fail to maintain their mental state, and this disturbed mental state can become a gateway for anxiety, fear, and obsession.

So, none of us can get into someone’s mind or can change the situation, but there is one thing we should all follow. “Controlling the attachment.” Stop keeping expectations because expectations lead to let downs. Expect less and accept more. At the end of the day, our priority should be our own mental peace and happiness because that will make us healthy for what’s yet to come, for what cannot be predicted or taken for granted.