The Strongest Person I Know

Strength comes in many different ways. People can be both strong mentally and physically. When it comes to the strongest person I know, I immediately think of my grandma from my dad’s side. She is an amazingly talented person and does a lot for our family.

My grandma was born in Mexico, and when my dad was born, they came to America 5-6 years later with my uncles and aunts. There are many things I don’t fully know about my family, and I learn something new every day.

When my grandparents arrived in California, they had nothing. My grandpa became a construction worker to support them. My grandma stayed home and did all the cleaning and cooking. Every day she woke up at 3 am to make my grandpa lunch no matter how tired she was. She also cleans the house even when she is not supposed to. The place my grandparents live in they built themselves behind my aunty and uncle’s house. When my mom was pregnant with me, she lived with my grandparents, and my grandma took care of me. She made sure I was clothed, fed, and went to school. When I was sick, she was the one that helped me get better.

This year has been hectic for us. My grandma got in an accident, and she broke her back and shattered her vertebrae. She didn’t want to do the surgery, so she wears a brace. My family members are stubborn and don’t like to be told what they can or cannot do. My grandma tries to clean and sew, but as much as we tell her she can’t, she finds a way to do it anyway.

My grandma is amazing, and the strongest person in my life. Take a moment and thank the people who are strong in your life. Learn from them and appreciate what they offer.