Register and Vote

The U.S. Census Bureau reported that 35.6% of people aged 18-29 voted in 2018. In 2014, the bureau reported 19.9% of voters. Young adults should continue to vote more often, starting with registering to vote.

Registering to vote or voting itself might seem scary to some people. Registering and voting are quick and straightforward, and definitely something everyone eligible can and should do. With the deadline to register to vote online on October 19th and in-person November 3rd, it is essential to register sooner than later. Before registering, it is important to know if you can vote.

To register in California, according to the website howto.vote, the website says you must be a United States Citizen, be a resident of California, be 18 years or older on Election Day, must not be in prison or on parole, and must not be found mentally incompetent by a court to vote, a driver’s license number, California ID number, or the last four digits of your social security is required.

You can register to vote on covr.sos.ca.gov online or mail to our county elections official at 44 N. San Joaquin Street, Third Floor, Suite 350. The process is simple and in multiple different languages. Even if you miss the deadline to vote, voting in the next election is important. The next president will impact all people of all ages, and it is essential to vote.