Brittany Vang: Class of 2020 Salutatorian

Brittany+Vang
Brittany Vang

The Prowl wishes to continue to celebrate the Class of 2020’s Salutatorian, Brittany Vang. We wanted to share some stories about her from her counselor and teacher. Enjoy!

Daisy Carmona, counselor-“Brittany, it has been an honor to have been Brittany’s counselor these past four years. I was able to see her evolve into the young lady she is today. She is a hard-working and dedicated you g lady. I do not doubt that she will make a difference in the world and continue to succeed. UC Davis is so lucky to have her! ”

Ms. Baptista-“Brittany, as I sit here and think about how to honor you with my words, I just can’t! Yet another Vang has blessed my classroom, and it seems you Vangs keep getting better and better. Your hard work and dedication to not only your schoolwork but to your community service, your clubs, your family… it’s all inspirational. Your honor of Salutatorian is so deserving. CSF and my classroom will feel a little less comforting without you there half your day as you have been for the past two years. I’m so proud to have been part of your path to the wonderful young woman that you are. Congratulations.”

Mr. Torrente-“I had had the pleasure of knowing Brittany since 8th grade when she took my Spanish 1 class for 8th-grade honor students at WRHS. She is amongst one of the humblest student’s that I have had the pleasure to work with. She is quiet and reserved, yet tenacious and detailed oriented when it comes to her studies. I’m proud to have had her in my class, and I’m so happy for her well-deserved honor.”

Ms. Riley-“Brittany is incredibly diligent and hard-working (I know, I know, that’s why she’s Salutatorian), BUT add to that how incredibly thoughtful and polite she is and you have one amazing young woman! Brittany always strives to be the best version of herself that she can be; even as a sophomore she impressed me with her work ethic and academic drive. Brittany has the most curious and kind eyes – it’s something I will never forget about her. It was a pleasure to be her teacher.”

Brittany Vang and her family