Badminton Club Ready to Take Flight

Badminton.
Badminton.

Weston Ranch is adding the sport of badminton to its growing list of after school opportunities. If your looking for something to do after school and don’t want to go home, join the badminton team. Badminton is a racket sport played using rackets to hit a shuttle (a cork to which feathers are attached to form a cone shape or a similar object of plastic) across a net. Although it may be played with larger teams, the most common forms of the game are “singles” (with one player per side) and “doubles” (with two players per side).

Badminton will be offered as a club because it is not an official sport per the CIF. Advising and coaching badminton will be Ms. Nelson, who is one of Weston Ranch’s math teachers as well as our head JV girls’ soccer coach. Practice will be in the gym every Wednesday at 3:00 when we come back from Spring Break.

“This is very exciting,” said coach Nelson. “The club is open to anyone to come out and try. It’s a good way for students to learn the game and have fun.”

It’s not sure yet, but there might be a possibility to play tournaments with other schools. Coach Nelson hopes to see everyone on the 25th. There will be a meeting to go over expectations and to get the club up and running.