JROTC Helps Support Noble Cause

JROTC spent last Saturday out in the community where they participated in the Run for the Fallen. Run for the Fallen is a traditional run that takes place throughout the year in several different locations where people run for those who have died serving our country. JROTC Cougar Battalion participated in Run for the Fallen Oct 12th, which was last Saturday. The WRHS JROTC battalions helped conduct the meaningful event and coordinate with the community in an organized, structured manner where all the cadets got the opportunity to be a part of an event that has significant importance in many lives.

Many runners ran in teams of two — running a mile for every fallen hero not only to remember them but to honor them as well.

“We give tribute to them by name wherever possible, and to the sacrifice of the families they left behind,” commented Cougar Battalions commander, c/LTC Zachary Smith. “Regardless of war or conflict, the branch of service or method of death, we ultimately run for them all, honoring their service and sacrifice, and remembering that they each gave up a future so that we could have ours.”

JROTC continues to make this campus proud. We salute their hard work and dedication.