Weston Ranch Gets into Giving Mood

On March 4th, the Weston Ranch Leadership Team introduced the campus to our campus’s latest opportunity to raise funds and support those in need. Running now through April 12th, our school is currently giving students the opportunity to raise money for the foundation “Pennies for Patients.”

Pennies for Patients is a nationwide program that raises money for individuals with cancer. You may have seen students walking around campus with little yellow boxes or have heard the leadership students coming in and out of classrooms to talk about fundraising money for the program, but you might not know the gist of what it is all about.

Pennies for Patients encourages students all over the nation to collect change and raise funds for three weeks to raise money for the members of the cancer society. At the end of the three weeks, the money is collected and put into the organization for patient and community services. Because money raised also goes to research on future cures and public health information, we are investing in not only other people’s future but our own too. By providing the simple act of giving and involving yourself in Pennies for Patients, you are shaping the future of tomorrow.

Leadership has placed boxes in all the classrooms around campus where you can deposit your funds. All coins, checks, and cash are graciously accepted and can be turned into Room 301 or in your other classrooms. Let’s start filling these boxes Cougars!