Cougars Ready for Homecoming

Homecoming week is in full swing and will culminate on Friday night as the Weston Ranch Cougars take on Kimball High School of Tracy in football.  Prior to Friday night’s battle, WRHS students spent the week building up spirit as they are participating in daily dress-up days, music and games on the quad, and preparing for the rally to be held in the gym on Friday.

Homecoming is always a special time for high schoolers as they get to show their spirit and show the community what outstanding students we have here at Weston Ranch.  Graduates of WRHS get to come “home” to their old school to visit, share stories, and celebrate the wonderful qualities of this community.

Junior Cameron Wyrick enjoys Homecoming Week in many ways.  “I like the dress-up day the most,” replied Wyrick.

Friday night’s football game will also see king and queen crowned during halftime festivities.  Royalty candidates spend the week in the spotlight wearing sashes, crowns, and big smiles.

“It’s going to be an awesome game with JV playing Lathrop HS at 5pm and Varsity playing Kimball at 7pm! Let’s pack the stands and show support for our boys battling on the field,” an obviously excited Ms. Baird exclaimed.

As an added bonus, the WR Athletic Booster club will be selling 2 special dinner plates on homecoming. Dinners will be either chow mein, fried rice, and chicken or tacos, rice and beans. Dinners will be sold for $7 each. Yummy! And all the more reason to go and support the Cougars this Friday night!