Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Cougar Rally Becomes Magical with Wizard of Oz Theme

Akira Faith

On September 15th or Friday, there was a Rally in the Large gym of Weston Ranch. The Rally was largely organized by ASB (Associated Student Body) and had a large focus on the Wizard of Oz film 1939 Fantasy/Musical Film. The Rally featured many of our schools’ different groups including our Band, Cheer, Poly, Dance, and many more and we gave our thanks to them for their performances. The main event of this Rally however was to Crown our Homecoming Prince/Princess and of course, the Homecoming King/Queen crowned at the Homecoming Football Game. 

With all of this having happened we have to wait until next year until the next Homecoming, which is the unfortunate part of all of this. Yet this brings more planning for next year’s Homecoming, and one may wonder how did ASB come up with this theme? Each Year seems to be different and memorable to every person and one must think about the possibility that this may have been someone’s last Homecoming, and some were even crowned at this Homecoming. Thereupon we asked Mr. Basepane, who is in charge of ASB, about how they came up with such memorable and great themes. Mr. Basepane, Teacher of Leadership, and head of ASB “It was the Leadership class idea they brainstorm different themes and the different days and go from there.”  

For every Homecoming, there are people behind it no doubt about that, and from earlier events, we could tell that everyone has loved and taken part in all of this, thus we asked Mr. Basepane what his favorite part was of doing the Rally, Mr. Basepane, Teacher of Leadership and head of ASB, “The most enjoyable part of the Rally was watching all of the students watch and being entertained by the rally, like during the performances all the students were engaged and enjoying the Rally, getting excited.”