Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

WR Poly Club United for Maui

Poly+club+collaborates+to+wash+cars%2C+raising+funds+for+Maui+relief.+
Haven Trinity Urbina-Thierry
Poly club collaborates to wash cars, raising funds for Maui relief.

As we all know, Hawaii is one of the most popular vacation spots. For one island, Maui, tourism is the main source of income. The island has beautiful views, culture, etc. But in the past few weeks, the Hawaiian island experienced a combination of weather factors leading up to a widespread fire. The fire burned thousands of acres of land, claiming the lives of at least 115 people, and leaving the rest homeless. 

Poly Club gathers to display their unity in raising funds for Hawaii Disaster Relief Fund. Israel Taula, Jeremiah Cook, Caleb Butler, Josh Banks, Darrion Lilly, Erah Pongos, Lluvia Campos, Jojo Navarrette, Kristine Latuhoi, Cianna Avamolifua, Samaria Frazier, Chimamanda Nnamdi-Ukpabi, Tajanayah Skinner, Haven Trinity Urbina-Thierry, Napoleon Lata, Jonah Taula, Ata Taulahi, Sam Fraizer, Ruby Thompson, Jaya Cook, Poasa Malapit, Khloe Phaysaleum, Nia Fifita, Tulu Fifita, Elizabeth Serrano, Salesi Toki, Jesiah Toki (Haven Trinity Urbina-Thierry)

On August 26, Weston Ranch’s Polynesian club gathered to raise funds for Maui. The students organized a car wash at school from 10am -2pm, charging $7 per car. In total, students were able to raise around $700 from the car wash alone. Shirts will also be sold for $15 each around campus to raise extra funds. 100% of the proceeds will be sent directly to a church in Maui that works directly with the affected families. 

It was a fun and positive experience and helped bring awareness to the situation. It is important to take care of the native homelands, and to recognize that they are more than just a tourist attraction. If you are looking to donate or buy a shirt, please contact Eddie Menzel: [email protected]