Boys Golf Tees Off with a New Beginning

The boys golf season has ended, and if you asked the players and coaches, they would say it was a success and a fun experience.

When you hear about golf, most people say it’s boring and brush it aside since it doesn’t draw the eye, yet golf can be enjoyable, competitive, and relaxing. There are a lot of aspects that make it fun and competitive. For example, it can get really competitive if it’s close between players from different schools.

This golf season was a fun and successful experience for the players and the coach. There were many new players this season, so it was a learning experience for the team. Unfortunately, the team placed 5th, but this is a positive sign of the coming future for a relatively inexperienced team.

One of these outstanding players is Diego Rodriguez, who head coach David Ortiz said was one of the more outstanding players making his presence known throughout the season.

The coming seasons are said to be something to look forward to, as coach Ortiz said, “I have very high hopes and expectations for the next year with players showing promise.

“We played Edison, Stagg, Bear Creek, Lindon, and McNair,” said Coach Ortiz. “We were feeling nervous going in with new players, but many positives going out of the season with our players.”

The most formidable challenge they had was against Bear Creek.

“Bear Creek was the most difficult because they had many players with years of experience,” Rodriguez said.

This season was a new beginning, and the golf team has much room for improvement and growth. However, the sky is the limit for the potential of a relatively new team. Expect to see more in the coming seasons. We should keep our eyes on the golf team as they are showing us that this sport can be as competitive and can be as fun as any other sport.