Senior Oscar Duncan Ready to Run

Oscar Duncan signs his letter.
Oscar Duncan signs his letter.

Senior Oscar Duncan is moving on. Surrounded by family and friends, Duncan signed a letter of intent to continue his education and track career at Jessup University. Without a doubt, this is an exciting time for Oscar, and Weston Ranch will celebrate his achievements and accomplishments as a student-athlete.

Jessup is a small private college located in Rocklin, CA. The campus hosts 2400 students, offering 20 degrees and 60 different programs. In addition, Jessup is a growing university that has doubled enrollment over the past seven years and is home to state-of-the-art facilities where Duncan will run next year as a member of the Warriors track team.

The choice came down to UC Merced, Stanislaus State, and Jessup. The school, program, and community helped Duncan choose the Warriors for his landing spot.

“I had a few choices about where I wanted to go, but Jessup just felt like the right fit for me,” Duncan said. “They had much to offer and treated me like family, which was the final reason for choosing Jessup.”

Duncan, who currently carries a 3.3 GPA, will pursue a degree in Digital Communication and Design and hopes to turn that degree into a career in broadcasting and writing.

“I wanted to pursue this major after my experiences at Weston Ranch,” Duncan said. “PLUS leadership, Yearbook, and Journalism inspired me to explore Digital Communication as a future profession. I enjoy being creative, exploring different media mediums, and working on a team. Digital Communication will be a good fit for what I want to accomplish later in life.”

Duncan will run the 400, 800, and 1500 meters for Jessup. He has personal bests in the 400 (:55) and 800 (2:15), but 1500 will be new for him.

“I’ve been trying the 1500 but don’t have a personal best,” Duncan said. “I’m looking forward to adding that distance to my program.”

The Prowl wishes Oscar the best of luck as he moves on to bigger and better things. Duncan was a member of The Prowl, so it is with great honor we salute this wonderful young person on his next journey and well-deserved opportunity.

“I feel good about this decision,” Duncan said. “My parents were very supportive and encouraged me to make the decision that I felt the most comfortable. I appreciated their confidence in me, and I look forward to my next adventure.”

Oscar Duncan signs his letter surrounded by family and coaches.