Ready! Set! Parade! Weston Ranch Host Holiday Festivities Tonight

Weston Ranch will host its annual Holiday Parade tonight. The parade will begin at the Weston Ranch High School (WRHS) campus, follow a two-mile parade route through the surrounding neighborhood, and end with a return to campus.

“This is the second year of the Weston Ranch holiday parade,” said Principal Troy Fast. “It is so exciting to see our students and community come together to celebrate the Christmas season.”

The Holiday Parade will be an excellent way for our community to spread the holiday cheer. It will feature special guests such as the principal of August Knodt, Manteca Unified School District (MUSD) Board President Marie Freitas, the Mayor of Stockton, city council person Kimberly Warmsley, and Eric Duncan Sr. who both will be our first ever honorary grand marshals this year.

“There will be more than 300 WRHS students participating in the parade from band to the choir to FFA, leadership, and dance group that is part of MEChA,” said leadership teacher Clayton Basepayne. “This parade is always a good opportunity to show how engaged the WRHS students are with their community and extracurriculars and how excited they are to give back.”

The parade will also include a performance area on William Moss Boulevard where parade entries will be recognized and announced to the crowd to honor those who came out and their work.

“We feel so fortunate to be able to give back to the community of Weston Ranch and celebrate with all as we head into the holiday season,” Mr. Fast said. “There were thousands of people in attendance at last year’s parade, and we hope the parade planning team and the students of WRHS that many more come this year.”

Mr. Basepayne added, “Set up starts as soon as 2 pm. All groups must be checked in by 4 pm, and lining up for the parade will start no later than 5:30 pm.”

The parade will start at 6 pm from the main parking lot of WRHS.

We at The Prowl would like to thank this year’s special guests, the parade planning team, the students of WRHS, Mr. Basepayne, and Mr. Fast for making this year’s parade possible. We would also like to wish our readers a happy holiday.