Cougars Hope to Have a Happy Homecoming

Weston Ranch begins its Homecoming week today. Cougars across the campus will spend the week building up the spirit by participating in daily dress-up days, listening to music and playing games on the Quad, and preparing for the annual rally to be held Friday afternoon in the WR gymnasium. Spirit week will conclude Friday evening in the staduim with the Coronation of the Queen and Princess and the Cougars football game against Stagg High School.

Homecoming is always a special time for high schoolers as they show their spirit and the community what outstanding students we have here at Weston Ranch. In addition, graduates of WRHS get to come “home” to their old school to visit, share stories, and celebrate the beautiful qualities of this community. So many supporters show support and cheer on the Cougars on a terrific evening.

On Friday, Weston Ranch will crown its Royalty at halftime of the Cougars football game. Royalty candidates will spend the week in the spotlight wearing sashes, crowns, and big smiles. T

This year’s candidates for Princess are Faith Arriola, Sage Ross, and Alexa Rodriguez. The nominations for Prince are Josiah Navarrette, Sunyodh Sandhu, and Christianrich Daquioag.

The candidates for King are Mason Sim Brock, Namir Brown-Sanger, Christopher Buttram, Osman Feroz Adel, and Victor Perez Jr. The candidates for Queen are Briana Camacho, Genevieve Mijangos, Criselle Daquioag, Aniyah Glin, and Marilyn Richard.

Cougar Nation will have many opportunities to come together this week to build spirit and community. All this week, the campus will have Spirit Week, beginning today and running through Friday afternoon. The Leadership class and team have come up with great ideas to develop the on-campus spirit and many ways to participate in good-natured fun. So don’t miss your chance to show off and get your photo taken by the yearbook.

The following list highlights the “theme” days.
Monday is “Beach Day,” and students may wear appropriate beach attire.
Tuesday is “Dallas Day,” so wear your favorite Cowboy gear.
Wednesday will be “Mardi Gras Day,” and students can wear purple, yellow, or green to showcase the colors of Mardi Gras.
Thursday is “Disney Day,” and you can wear your favorite clothes from Disney or dress up as your favorite Disney character.
Finally, Friday is Homecoming day, and it will be “Class Day.” For freshmen, your class color is gray, sophomores white, juniors maroon, and seniors can dress in black.

As a bonus, FFA will sell Tri-tip sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, linguica sandwiches, baked potatoes, and drinks at the football game.

Here’s to a great week of fun, spirit, and football. The JV football game begins at 5 pm, and the Varsity will follow at 7 pm.