Teacher Spotlight: Michael Williams

Mr.+Williams
Mr. Williams

This week’s teacher spotlight is on Michael Williams. Mr. Williams is a well-known and respected teacher amongst staff and students at Weston Ranch High School (WRHS), so it was an honor to highlight him in this week’s story.

Mr. Williams has been teaching at Weston Ranch Highschool for nine years. He currently teaches three classes, Government economics, AP American Government and Politics, and History of American sports.

Williams attended Modesto Junior College, Stanislaus State, and Brandman University and has 3 degrees, 2 Associate of Arts in General Studies and Social and Behavioral Science, and a BA in Social Science.
Williams is also the department chair for the social science department and is one of the lead technical support persons on campus.

He is a former coach who took on the responsibility of boys’ and girls’ tennis and girls’ basketball and was assistant men’s basketball coach at his former college, MJC.

When asked what he does outside of school, Williams replied, “I’m usually at home with my wife and four kids, helping my son with home school, game streaming on twitch, and having the opportunity to review and test video games and gaming technology or accessories.”

If Williams weren’t a teacher at WRHS, he would be coaching at the college level, an adjunct or part-time professor, or helping gaming companies market and design games and products.

Williams’ biggest hobby is playing video games.

“On all systems: Twitch, PlayStation, Xbox, Pc, I’ve been playing for 33 years now,” Williams mentioned.

He still plays basketball whenever he can, golfs, and likes watching his son play sports. He also helps many former students with career and college planning.

When asked what some of his favorite memories were, he replied, “being the starting player of my high school championship game, the birth of my children, and the first encounter with my wife spiking a volleyball in my face, it was like love at first sight.”

He continued, “My first ever win as varsity head coach in high school and designing this school’s new logo.”

We at The Prowl would like to thank Mr. Williams for allowing us to speak with him, and we hope this spotlight will interest students to try to take a class with him or come to check out his gaming streams.