Teacher Spotlight: Stayce Baptista

Mrs. Baptista
Mrs. Baptista

For this week’s teacher spotlight, I chose Ms. Stayce Baptista. I feel she was the most interesting teacher to speak about because of her extensive history and how much she contributes to Western Ranch High School.

First, Mrs. Baps – a nickname of hers – has been a teacher at WRHS for 18 years. She does not have 1 but 3 teaching assignments, which include English II, Medical English, and English Honors I. I am 1 out of a handful of students in her Medical English class, and I am already enjoying myself.

Second, Mrs. Baps does not only carry the weight of successfully following through with instructing three classes. She is also the CSF Advisor, a part of the School Site Council, AP Department Chair, and MSA. I believe that Mrs. Baps is an underestimated GOAT.

Before Baptista found her calling to teach English subjects, she attended three different colleges: Delta Junior College, Modesto Junior College, and Sacramento City College. During this time, she obtained her bachelor’s degree in English and a master’s degree in education, focusing on best practices.

In her free time, she spends it with her daughter, such as supporting her at her volleyball games. She also enjoys reading and cooking.

“I have a boring life…,” she said.

However, I am afraid I have to disagree.

The Prowl wishes to thank Mrs. Baptista for spending time with us. I encourage all students to appreciate and recognize how much she does for WRHS, even if it is not too noticeable.