Weston Ranch Names Veronica Sotelo as the Class of 2022 Valedictorian

Veronica+Sotelo
Veronica Sotelo

Weston Ranch High School named Veronica Sotelo as its 2022 Valedictorian. The class Valedictorian is the student who has the highest rank in a graduating class. Sotelo earned this distinction by posting a 4.25 GPA on the Weston Ranch campus over her four years. If ever there was a student destined for this honor, it was Sotelo. Over the past four years, we learned how dedicated, driven, friendly, and compassionate she is. She excelled in the classroom and dedicated her time to serving others —two qualities of a great leader and compassionate person.

“I’m excited to address the Class of ’22 on graduation night,” Sotelo said. “It’s an honor for me to get another chance to lead one more time.”

In addition to her stellar academics, Sotelo impacted the campus in clubs and classes. She was a member of be.Vital, Key Club, JROTC, BOBA. She was a 4-year member of WR’s band and completed one year in the orchestra.

In addition to school and volunteer work demands, Veronica’s outlook and personality never faltered. She was always ready to make someone smile, laugh, and simply feel better when she entered the room.

“Weston Ranch has been wonderful to me for the past four years,” Sotelo said. “I’ve met so many great people, and this has been like a second home to me.”

Sotelo wanted to thank some of the great people who helped make her feel welcome and comfortable on the campus.

“I want to thank Paulina Bacerra, Mya Nelson, and Eugene Yang,” Sotelo said. “Each of them supported me and encouraged me to try new things and have fun. They reminded me there is more to life than my studies and enjoy every moment.”

Sotelo will attend San Joaquin Delta College in the Fall to pursue an Associate’s Degree in nursing. Upon completing this program, she plans to transfer to a 4-year university to get her Bachelor’s Degree in nursing.

Congratulations again to Veronica Sotelo. WRHS treasured your time here and is so proud of you. Long live the Class of 2022!

any reproduction of this story or photos without permission from The Prowl is discouraged

photos courtesy of The Prowl and WRHS Counseling