Cougars Get Big Win at Oakdale; Face East Union Tonight

Weston Ranch clawed past Oakdale High School, 84-70, on January 26 at Weston Ranch.

The last time these two schools met, the game went into overtime, with the Cougars prevailing 88-73. They felt that they had to make a statement and clean up their mistakes since the last time they met. However, the game was a pretty easy win for the cougars this time.

“We put forth a very collective effort on both ends of the floor to put a stop to Oakdale’s schemes,” said junior Jordan Henard.

Clearly, the cougars all worked together and used teamwork to have this dedicated team win. Elijah Mobley led all Cougars with 33points; Khristian Holmes chipped in 11 points, and Elliot Mobley added 10 points.

“Last night was a much better collective effort on the defensive end of the floor and on the boards, than we saw on Saturday,” head coach Nicholas Podesta said. “We saw contributions from many players, and I believe it was a good overall team effort.”

This win by the Cougars puts their record at 5-1 in VOL and 13-9 overall.

“It was a good team win where everybody contributed something positive to the game.” Assistant Coach Eddie Menzel said.

They have their next opponents, the East Union Lancers at East Union, on Friday, January 28, and the Central Catholic Raiders at Central Catholic on Saturday, January 29. The game against CC is a make-up game from January 7.