Homecoming 2021

Homecoming week was in full swing and will culminate Friday night as the Weston Ranch Cougars take on Franklin High School in football. Before Friday night’s game begins with the Yellow Jackets, WRHS students spent the week building up the spirit as they participated in daily dress-up days, heard great music, played games on the quad, and attended an on-campus rally during Thursday’s lunch.

Homecoming is always an enjoyable time for high schoolers as they get to show their spirit and show the community what outstanding students we have here at Weston Ranch. In addition, graduates of WRHS get to come “home” to their old school to visit, share stories, and celebrate the beautiful qualities of this community.

Friday night’s game will occur in Cougar Stadium, with the JV game beginning at 5 pm and the Varsity follows at 7 pm. At halftime of the Varsity game, the Princess and Queen will be crowned. Thus, royalty candidates spend the week in the spotlight wearing sashes, crowns, and big smiles.

But, before the football game gets underway, Cougar Nation had many opportunities to come together.

Leading up to the Homecoming game, Weston Ranch had their annual Spirit Week. And while it was a shortened week (the campus was closed on September 6th for Labor Day), the Leadership class and team came up with great ideas to develop the on-campus spirit and many ways to participate in good-natured fun.

The following list highlights the “theme” days. Students were able to show their spirit during “Stranger Things/80s Days,” “Gossip Girl/Preppy Dress Day,” “Avatar: The Last Airbender Day,” and Friday’s “All-American Day.”

Here’s to the end of a great week of fun, spirit, and football. The JV football game begins at 5 pm, and the Varsity will follow at 7 pm.