Weston Ranch Names Marcelo Zamarripa as New AD/VP

Marcelo+Zamarripa
Marcelo Zamarripa

Marcelo Zamarripa has been appointed the new Vice Principal serving the needs of student-athletes and the student body for Weston Ranch High School.  Currently serving as an RSP English teacher,  Zamarripa will be the new Athletic Director/Vice-Principal and take over the spot vacated by former AD/VP Brett Lewis.

“I am excited to take this next step in my educational career, especially at Weston Ranch,” Zamarippa told The Prowl. “I have gained many meaningful relationships with not only the staff and students but also the Weston Ranch community.”

A graduate of Lodi High School, he holds a degree in history from CSU Sacramento (2005) plus a Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Pacific (2012). He also secured his Administration credential from UOP.

Zamarripa has spent the past 15 years as a Special Education teacher and the last 7 in Manteca Unified.  Before joining the profession of education, Zamarripa played football and ran track for Lodi High School. Then, he took his talents to San Joaquin Delta College, where he continued his football and track careers. Zamarripa’s final stop for football was Portland State, and then he transferred down to CSU Sacramento, where he finished his undergraduate degree.

After concluding his playing career, Zamarripa transferred his talents to the coaching side of athletics and began his journey towards his new appointment.  He has been a football coach for 22 years, serving at WRHS and the past two as the Assistant Varsity Head coach. In addition, Zamarripa has served as the boys’ golf coach for the past two years.

Experience as an educator, athlete, and coach provided enough information for Weston Ranch to select Zamarripa to lead the Athletic Department and take on Administrative duties.   Establishing rapport and maintaining relationships with parents, staff, and students will be one of his duties as the new Vice-Principal.  Another responsibility for him will be to address concerns raised by students, staff, and parents.  As an educator, Zamarripa is well-respected by his students and peers, so the transition to the appointment fits well in Zamarripa’s strengths.  In addition, as an ex-athlete, Zamarripa can step into the new position with solid credentials and background experience to understand the tremendous nuances of guiding an entire department.  Both of these qualities were enough for Principal Troy Fast to tap Zamarripa for the promotion.

“We are excited to welcome Mr. Zamarripa to our Administrative team,” Fast told The Prowl. “Mr. Zamarripa is an exceptional communicator and will be a great addition to Weston Ranch. In addition, his vast experience as a coach and educator within this Community will help us continue to grow in Athletics. We look forward to the future of the Athletic programs under his tutelage.”

Zamarripa will begin on Wednesday, September 1.