Weston Ranch Announces Parnit Cheema as Class of 2021’s Salutatorian

Parnit Kaur Cheema was named Weston Ranch High School’s Salutatorian for the graduating class of 2021. This Thursday and Friday, she will stand in front of her classmates for the very last time to celebrate, honor, and remember the past four years of her remarkable success.

Cheema is the class salutatorian based on her 4.25 GPA. While this honor technically means she was second place, the award in no way means Cheema is second to anyone. From academics to campus involvement to clubs, Chemma excelled. Parnit was dedicated, determined, driven, and highly successful in everything she did at Weston Ranch.

Cheema participated in HOSA, CSF, the Girl’s Basketball program, FFA, be.Vital, and the English learners tutoring program. She served as Fundraising Chair, then Senior Class Representative for HOSA, and Co-Secretary for CSF. Through HOSA and be.Vital, she volunteered at the San Joaquin General Hospital and several medical events that raised awareness for illnesses that impact many of our community members. She won several academic awards, such as 3rd place in Extemporaneous Writing through participating in HOSA conferences like BLCs (Be.Vital Leadership Conference) and ALCs (Area Leadership Conference). She was a member of the be.Vital academy and HOSA organization all four years of high school and have been a member of CSF since her sophomore year. Finally, Cheema acted as a tutor in the ELD program this year, allowing her to connect to many of our new students and welcome them to our community by assisting them with their schoolwork. As a tutor, she learned the importance of feeling accepted and the impact the actions of one individual can have on an entire community.

In addition to the heavy academic demands, Cheema found time to play on the varsity basketball team for two years.

“Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Weston Ranch, and as I reflect on the past four years, I cannot imagine attending a different school,” Cheema told The Prowl. “The students and staff at Weston Ranch are very supportive and loving; Weston Ranch has an amazing community of people who are constantly willing to help in the betterment of others, including me. I hold so much love in my heart for this school, and I will never forget the memories I created at Weston Ranch.”

Cheema, who will attend UC Berkeley, plans to major in Public Health, emphasizing psychology.

Congratulations again to Parnit Cheema. We treasured your time here and are so proud of you. Long live the Class of 2021!