Dangers of Vaping Increase with Introduction of Puff Bars

As you may know, the new flavor e-cigarette regulations were passed and implemented due to the youth vape epidemic. However, the market received a new product called Puff Bars, and this product seems to be easily accessible and targeting kids.

Puff Bars are a copy of Juul, a popular e-cigarette device that could be used multiple times. They came in numerous youth appealing flavors, including O.M.G (orange, mango, guava), but “they’re not a subject to the federal law new policy favorable regulations” (Truth, 2020) due to the design of the device.

Puff Bars are disposable-one of the many exceptions and loopholes in the policy, which only “restrict flavor for closed system e-liquid cartridges, like JUUL and its pods, and does not apply to refillable cartridges or disposable products.” (Truth, 2020).

Here is essential information you should know about this device, “All Facts, No Cap!” As mentioned before, the policy’s exceptions and loopholes were a lack of regulation that opened a door for new and fresh products like Puff Bars. Puff Bars are almost identical to Juul, but there are some key differences.

The similarities are the size, design, and it contains e-liquid to create a vapor. Just like Juul, Puff Bars are small enough to fit inside your pocket, look like a USB drive, and a vapor. Each pod device’s key differences are “pre-charged and pre-filled” (Truth, 2020), which means it can no longer be used when it runs out-standing apart from Juul. Puff Bar also has nicotine. The nicotine strength is as high as 5% in Puff Bars. Many young people are not aware of the nicotine level and how much consumption when using e-cigarettes.

“In fact, results from an April 2018 Truth Initiative® study published in Tobacco Control show that nearly two-thirds — 63% — of JUUL users aged 15-24 were unaware that JUUL always contained nicotine.” (Truth, 2020).

Young people who “vape” are not only consuming nicotine but are developing a nicotine addiction. In case you don’t already know, nicotine exposure and intake harms brain development, alternating nerve cell function and change brain cell chemistry; in other words, it destroys your nerve cells.

Puff Bars has grown massive popularity over the years, even higher with Covid-19. Therefore, our generation’s next mission should speak, seek, and spread the truth about vapes through educational and hardship conversations with family and friends for the next generation to reject tobacco products in a tobacco-free environment.