Keep Optimistic and Keep Moving

Now more than ever, it is essential to take care of yourself. Since this pandemic started back last year in 2020, you needed to take care of yourself every day and, as we move further along in this pandemic, it is more important than ever.

People had to start getting their mental health together, trying to stay in their house at the very start of quarantine. However, staying in a home for too long can mess up some people’s mental health. To get your mental health together, you should find ways to get out and have some fun. But, it would be best if you started with yourself. During this pandemic, to help me with my mental health and take care of myself, I chose to spend some time alone. Alone time is very much needed during times like this.

There are still ways to get out and do something. We’ve almost been in this pandemic for a year now, and there are many covid friendly activities to do. Going out and treating yourself is self-care. You can go on walks, visit the water, make face masks, go on drives, and many other activities you can do alone. Meditating is a great way to take care of yourself, too.

On the other hand, being alone all the time also isn’t good for mental health either. Surround yourself with others who are always positive and bring up your energy. Doing something for others allows you to take a break, even temporarily, from a crisis. Suppose you can see what you can do in your community, like donating to a food pantry, blood bank, or animal shelter. Buying local (including gift cards) can support small businesses. If money is tight, consider writing a card or reaching out to someone you care about.

Take care of yourself and take care of others—two great ways to stay mentally fit and optimistic.