Normality May Cease, But Life Still Goes On

On March 13, 2020, Manteca Unified School District announced that due to the worldwide spread virus COVID-19, they would not have students return to their respected campuses until April 6, 2020.

Just two weeks later, the district announced that students would not return to school for the 2019-20 school year. States across the Nation went into lockdown because of the virus, and at that moment, what felt like 2 or 3 weeks of lockdown turned into five months of lockdown.
School began as usual here at Weston Ranch, but it’s not the same.

COVID-19 has changed everyone’s lives drastically over the last five months. I cannot see my friends, and I cannot go out anywhere, I cannot go to school, every day feels the same. This is the case for many of my friends as well. Five months ago, I could go to school, hang out with my friends, and have freedom.

I used to be so excited around this time of the year because the NFL season would kickoff. But this year, COVID-19 has changed everything. The NFL canceled the Hall of Fame Game, every single Pre-Season game, and many teams announced that they would not allow fans in their home stadiums. My favorite sport doesn’t feel the same this year. I was excited to see the NFL kicking off their 2nd century, but COVID-19 has disrupted that.

This pandemic has changed lives worldwide, and as we in America try to fight against the 2nd wave of COVID-19, the only thing I can hope for is that mine and everyone else’s lives go back to normal so we can start living in this world again.