Sophomores and Juniors Prep for SAT

Weston Ranch students took the PSAT test last Wednesday. The PSAT is a test for students in 10th and 11th grade to help measure readiness for college, access scholarships, and practice for the SAT.

Testing began at 7:30 am for our sophomore and juniors, and they assembled in the large gym for the activity. By taking the PSAT, our students were able to get a predicted SAT score that allows our students to see their eligibility for applying to college during their senior year.

“Students who take the PSAT test tend to do better on the SAT than those who do not,” said Ms. Carmona, the event organizer. She added, “It connects them with more colleges that are interested in them because they are entered in CollegeBoard’s College Search which can match students to different universities. For juniors, it qualifies them for the National Merit Scholarship Competition.”

Registration for the PSAT was open to all 11th and 10th graders. Sign-ups for the PSAT is always first come first serve.

“This year, we were excited to have 130 students take the PSAT,” said Carmona. “This was an excellent opportunity for students to prepare to take the SAT, which is a requirement for getting into a four-year university right out of high school.”