Tennis Plays in VOL Finals

The Weston Ranch tennis team finished their season this past Tuesday as they competed in the Valley Oak League girls tennis playoffs. The Cougars sent six competitors to the Championships and hoped to come away with some victories. Alas, our team came up short, and the season concluded.

On Tuesday, the Cougars sent No. 1 seed Sarisha Jacobs, no. 2 seed Ali Arevalo, and no. 3 seed and team captain Ekampreet Kaur out first in the singles competition, and although all four played exceptionally well against their opponents, they fell short in the first round.

Stinging from the losses, the Cougar’s regrouped and next sent the top three seeds to partner up with three other WRHS tennis players who tried to rebound in the doubles bracket championships on Thursday the 24th. The No. 1 team of Sarisha Jacobs and Ali Arevalo produced a bagel for the East Union team winning 8-0 and advanced to the second round, where they eventually lost to the Central Catholic’s power duo. The No. 2 team of Ekampreet Kaur and Pawandeep Randhawa played hard against the mighty Manteca team but lost by a score of 0-8. Lastly, the No. 3 group of Boluwatife Lasiende and Chandni Singh competed against a spirited Central Catholic team and was eliminated from advancing by a score of 0-8.

Thus the Lady Cougars tennis team concluded a challenging yet fun season. Despite the league record of 2-10, the ladies gave their best effort and positive attitude in the “thrill of victory and agony of defeat” (ABC Wide World of Sports).

The Prowl would like to congratulate our tennis team for their hard work and dedication. Although the losses outnumbered the wins, playing the games for enjoyment was the reward.