Cougar Nation Readies for Homecoming

After many away games and a very long wait, our new stadium is finally open, and we can’t wait to show it off! What better way to show off a new stadium than to fill it with current students and former students as Weston Ranch celebrates Homecoming. Homecoming is always a particular time for high schoolers as they get to show their spirit and show the community what outstanding students we have here at Weston Ranch. Graduates of WRHS get to come “home” to their old school to visit, share stories, and celebrate the beautiful qualities of this community.

Many supporters came out to show support and cheer on the Cougars for our last two home games. We hope for just as many or more students to show their Cougar pride next week for our Homecoming game against Oakdale. The Homecoming game will take place at the Cougar’s football field, next Friday the 27th. Friday night’s football game will also see a king and queen crowned during halftime festivities. Royalty candidates spend the week in the spotlight wearing sashes, crowns, and big smiles. (Royalty Court’s names were not available at the writing of this. Please check out @WRHSJOURNALISM for updates.)

But, before the football game gets next Friday night underway, Cougar Nation will have many opportunities to come together.

Leading up to Homecoming game, we will have Spirit Week from September 23rd-27th. The Leadership class and team have come up with great ideas to develop the on-campus spirit and many ways to participate in good-natured fun. Don’t miss your chance to show off and get your photo taken by yearbook.

The following list highlights the “theme” days.
Monday, September 23rd will be “Home Sweet Home.” Come in your homiest clothes, slippers, and PJ’s.
Come dressed as a twin or with your group on Tuesday the 24th for “Homies Day.”
Don’t forget to bring sunglasses, fanny packs, and sunscreen because Wednesday will be “Home Away from Home,” where you can come dressed as a tourist or sightseer.
Sports day or “Home Run Day” is a great day to bring out all your favorite sports gear and jerseys so, don’t forgot to miss it next Thursday the 26th.
Finally, Friday is Homecoming day, and it will be “No Place like Home,” class color day. For freshman’s your class color is grey, sophomores black, juniors maroon, and seniors white.

Here’s to a great week of fun, spirit, and football. The JV football game begins at 5 pm, and the varsity will follow at 7 pm.