Weston Ranch Names Guardiola Wrestling Coach

Weston Ranch will enter a new era for wrestling as Benito (Bennie) Guardiola will take over for Sal Reyes beginning this fall. Reyes, the previous head coach, is vacating the position to head the football program. Guardiola currently serves as our DST II, WRHS’s main link to safe and secure internet and keeps our technology humming.

From Guardiola:
It is a great honor to be allowed to serve as the Head Wrestling Coach for Weston Ranch High School. I want to thank the athletic director Roland Davis, the principal of WRHS Troy Fast as well as the previous head coach Sal Reyes. Wrestling has always been a passion of mine; I enjoy putting myself in challenging situations so that I might overcome them. Wrestling has taught me discipline, confidence, mental toughness, and sportsmanship some virtues I believe this generation desperately needs. I have had the opportunity to participate in a wrestling program in junior high, High school as well as serve as an assistant coach at Weston Ranch for two years. In the past two years, I have had the opportunity to Coach some fantastic wrestlers who have worked so hard that they surpassed their expectations. On my watch, I have seen some amazing wrestling matches that led some of our Cougars to Masters and even State. I plan to encourage growth in my Wrestlers as well as the sport in general; my goal is to have a complete Wrestling team that can make WRHS can be proud.

We wish Coach Guardiola the best of luck and look forward to following the Cougars on the mat next year.

Left to Right: Assistant coach Mia Hill, Assistant Coach Karina Loya, and Guardiola