Support is a Two-Way Street

A few months ago, The Prowl wrote an article calling out the students to show more spirit and to support the efforts of our Leadership Team. The effects since have shown more student spirit, more intense energy from the leadership team, and a focus from our administration to improve ways and methods to get our students involved. Somehow, it still hasn’t trickled down to some of our teachers.

It’s frustrating to see students not take advantage of the fun days offered here on campus. Spirit Week and Winter Fest were just two of the many opportunities provided to students and staff to show commitment to the overall goal of improving the campus life here at Weston Ranch. Another example was yesterday at the Roaring Cougars assembly. The gathering of students after period two was meant to honor the hard-working students who achieved academically in front of their peers. Ms. Lewis and Mr. Fast wanted to have a day to celebrate our academics, and both worked hard to provide a grand celebration. One of the themes to go along with this great day was “dress for success.” As we looked around the assembly, we saw a handful of teachers dressed up, but the majority did not. So we ask, “how can you expect us to participate and show spirit when our teachers don’t?” It seems to be the same during Spirit Week and Winter Fest. It’s hard to be spirited when not all want to show spirit.

While we know it’s not your job to participate in school activities, we encourage all people on this campus (staff, faculty, administration) to show your spirit too. We can’t have a community and build Weston Ranch into an excellent school if half the campus doesn’t at least try. Of course, this is our opinion, and we recognize that you might not be that kind of person. But, if you want to change, you have to be the one willing to step outside the box and make an effort.

The students are stepping up. Who’s next?