Make A Wish

Have you ever made someone’s wish come true? Well, Ms. Jacobs, the Weston Ranch High school psychologist, along with other staff WRHS staff members and friends, has been creating peoples dream come true for three years with her support of the Make A Wish program. As of today, the Walk Team has managed to fundraise enough to grant a wish for the last three years

Make A Wish America is a program which began in 1980 when several Arizona Department of Public Safety officers helped the dying son of a fellow officer become an honorary DPS officer. Since then, tens of thousands of volunteers, donors, and supporters advance the Make-A-Wish® vision to grant the wish of every child diagnosed with a critical illness. (wish.org)

Jacobs was inspired to start fundraising after her son received a wish after being diagnosed with a critical illness. Jacobs’ son had wished to go to Disneyworld, and the Make-A-Wish® foundation granted his request for the dream and paid for expenses needed for that wish. One Wish costs approximately $7,000 so fundraisers and donations, big or small, could help to make a difference.

Each year there is a walk to help raise more money, and this year Jacobs hopes to bring students who want to help. Blue Make A Wish t-shirt, tote bags, and caps are given out as prizes depending on your fundraising totals. The walk takes place in Sacramento on August 17th, 2019 at 9:00 am on 10th street. This walk is an opportunity for students to receive volunteer hours. Jacobs goal is to start a Make A Wish club here at Weston Ranch High School and demonstrate how students can help, support, and experience the impact you can make on someone’s life.

Here’s how your support helps:
* Every hour of every day, three children are diagnosed with a critical illness. Every one of these kids needs a wish to give them strength and help them heal.
* Research shows children who have wishes granted build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness. Granting wishes improves their quality of life and produces better health outcomes.*
* Only 50% of the children who are diagnosed with a critical illness get to experience a wish. Too many children are not getting everything they need to help them fight their illnesses.