Weston Ranch Names Reyes as Football Coach

The search is over. After a lengthy interview process, Weston Ranch finally has a new head varsity football coach. Sal Reyes, a teacher on the campus, was selected by the newly hired principal, Mr. Fast, and Dr. Davis, athletics director, as the Cougars new head coach for football. Reyes, also know as SFC Reyes, is not only the new Football coach, but he is also a JROTC Instructor and our school’s wrestling coach.

As the head varsity coach, Reyes will oversee all three levels of Weston Ranch’s football program. Part of his mission will be to build up our team starting from the freshmen up and wants to bring a sense of pride to the school and the team. Also, he aims to build a well-disciplined team of student-athletes, whether it be on, or off the field, as well as strengthen the dedication and commitment of the players.

SFC Reyes has plenty of experience in the field of coaching. He served as an assistant coach with last year’s varsity team, and he has coached at three other high schools prior to last year’s assignment. As the new coach, Reyes felt that Weston Ranch would be the best opportunity for him to become a head coach. He puts importance on leadership and being able to communicate with others as one of his best qualities as a coach.

Quoting former General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Reyes said, “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want to be done because he wants to do it.” Reyes translates these words to his philosophy. To be effective, coaches not only have to be great leaders but also great communicators. Coaches need to be effective in communicating with both the student-athletes and their teachers, such as to see if they are doing well in school.

SFC Reyes saw that this past year was a very trying time for the Cougars, and he has always longed to become a part of a high school football program. He wants to improve the future team’s cooperation, and he seeks to develop each player’s quick thinking and leadership skills.

SFC Reyes told The Prowl he is grateful and honored to be chosen as the school’s next football coach.

“I would like to thank Mr. fast, Mr. Davis, Mr. Harrison, and Mr. Duncan for giving me the opportunity of coaching and mentoring these great student-athletes. I would also like to thank Coach Zamaripa, Coach Hale, and Coach Saffold for being a part of this football program.”

SFC Reyes

Congratulations, Coach Reyes. We wish you and your future team the best of luck when the next football season kicks off.