Thespians Trod the Boards in “Boxes”

WRHS drama geeks will produce and perform, “Boxes,” an award winning adaptation of Kendra Thomas’ one-act play of discovery.  In this unique drama about coping with pressures and expectations from others, Jack is curious when he receives his box as a birthday present. His confusion about the cubed oddity quickly turns to concern when his family, friends, and teachers begin filling his box with their expectations for him. The heavier Jack’s box gets, the more burdened he feels by it — and the more Jack considers following his friend Chris’s lead and throwing his box away. Before Jack casts away his own ambitions to relieve him from the stress of needing to please others, a strong supporting cast of friends helps Jack sort through what matters most and what’s worth holding onto. Ultimately, Jack comes to understand that his box is filled, not with other people’s expectations for him, but with their hopes, so that he can create his own goals and dreams. Award-winning playwright Kendra Thomas shows that straight answers are surprisingly hard to come by in this intimate one-act that tackles expectations, empathy, and embracing individuality. (synopsis provided by Ms. Stogner)

Tonight’s performance begins at 6pm and tickets are $2 at the door.  Hope to see you there!